Sunday, November 5, 2017

MELBOURNE



                                                                  (albert park lake)


It's not nearly as bleak as it looks in the pic, although the air feels cold. Melbourne looks more like this these days ~




We are down for a trade show, and there's much to enjoy. The friendliness and helpfulness has caught me by surprise and reversed prior reservations. It seems to me there is a new generation who have an ease and confidence, perhaps from growing up in the 'world's most liveable' city without the defensiveness I used to think was hovering just below the surface.



The hotel is right on the lake, is very comfortable and the lobby is huge with lovely lounge areas, and nooks and crannies to sit and watch, and read. 




There's black swans on the lake, with signets. So cute.



It feels noticeably calmer than Sydney, its edges softer. Maybe I'm getting older. Well, that's a given. But I can say, I'm having a lovely holiday.




No comments: